Coventry University Procurement Transformation
JDP was retained by a modern university with high educational standards and a focus on applied research. Following a thorough Opportunity Assessment incorporating organisation, people, policy and process, information and technology, JDP identified a number of issues.
• Non-compliance with the university’s regulatory obligations
• Misalignment between the departmental focus and the organisation’s strategic agenda
• Loss of commercial opportunities
• Poor contract and supplier performance
• A lack of leadership
• Capability and capacity challenges within the team
JDP was subsequently engaged to undertake a wholesale transformation programme. The aim, to deliver the fundamentals of a best-in-class procurement function within 24 weeks.
• Documented a structured plan to manage the identified risks. Stakeholders, enablers and their relevant engagement levels were also identified.
• Undertook robust evaluation of the current state, as well as organisational aspirations, stakeholder behaviours and expectations.
• Defined what ‘Excellence’ looked like for the organisation, based on its exacting profile and strategic objectives.
• Defined and delivered the operating model to underpin transformation and engage the organisation in their understanding and compliance requirements.
• Documented an effective governance structure, and project managed its implementation. In addition, JDP created a programme to ensure the solution remained agile and future proof.